Actually, I don't have any concrete news related to our adoption to report today, but since I hope my kids will someday read this accounting of our journey, I felt like it was important to document that today is the day. Everything suddenly felt REAL! We've planned, dreamed, waited, waited, and waited... And now our time to travel to Ukraine is just on the horizon and it is truly sinking in. We're nervous and excited. Our nerves are because we thought we had more time than we probably actually do, so all of those things we've needed to do but haven't done because we have "forever" to get them done need to be done NOW! Our excitement is because we are not nervous about anything other than the not-yet-done To Do list. We've spent the necessary time in prayer to feel prepared for the journey that includes reuniting with our daughter that left a void in our hearts and home more than half a year ago when she returned to Ukraine after a magical 3-week visit and to meet our son who, by all accounts from those who have met him, will be our "bonus"!!
We expect and pray that we will have concrete news about the beginning of our Ukraine experience within the next few days. But we have reason to think we'll be packing our bags sooner than we thought which means we will be bringing our kids home sooner than we thought!!
You might recall we projected our SDA appointment would be six to eight weeks after we submitted our dossiers (Feb. 16th). Timelines for other families on the same track as us have proved to be drastically condensed. We are hopeful and prepared for the same!!
God is good....
Two more tidbits: No, their rooms are not quite ready, but, yes, we have agreed on American middle names. We would like to share the names but we feel like the kids should be the first to know what we've chosen for them. Also, they might not like what we've chosen! So we will give them the opportunity to plead their case for something else (I'm sure everyone realizes I'm primarily referring to Nastya here! I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out she has a few suggestions of her own!).
ReplyDelete